- How can I book my chosen course?
You can book your chosen course by completing the “Registration” and paying for the course via Paypal or Credit Card.
Do I need to pay for the whole course at the start of enrolment ?
No, although we do need certain aspects of the course to be paid for initially, we do offer a two instalment payment plan with most courses. Once the course has been completed, further payment will be required to obtain certificates, assessments and, in some cases, observation fees.
Why is the password and username for the members’ pages designated by ourselves (UKTC)?
For Data Protection purposes we need to have a very disciplined password and username system in order to maintain as secure a data protection protocol as possible with regard to learners’ individual details. This is very important for all of our peace of minds.
What does the word “Plagiarism” mean ?
The word “Plagiarism” came from the word “kidnap”. If you copy and paste in any context you are then kidnapping someone else’s work.
Plagiarism can be overt or covert, intentional or unintentional.
Think about the following:
Are you kidnapping or copying someone else’s work and claiming it as your own?
Intentionally copying and pasting to save time and not asking for their permission or crediting them?
Using an idea which came from some other source?
Allowing someone to write your assignments on your behalf?
Or possibly even purchasing an assignment?
What does plagiarism look like?
Using text and forgetting to cite it.
Using another person’s idea without asking for their permission or crediting it to them.
Stealing another individual’s paper.
Allowing someone to write any aspect of an assignment on your behalf.
So how to avoid Plagiarism?
The best way to avoid plagiarism is to develop and practice good research habits.
Write down the citation details of all the sources you consult.
You can quote from sources and websites providing that you use quotation marks and cite the source.
Keep notes (paraphrased or quoted) and their citation details together.
Learn the correct way to paraphrase properly – it isn’t just changing a few words.
In your notes, clearly differentiate among quotes, paraphrasing, summaries, common knowledge and personal opinion.
Learn how to correctly cite different works
What is an Awarding Body?
An awarding body designs, develops, delivers and awards the recognition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and/or competences) of an individual following an assessment and quality assurance process that is valued by employers, learners or stakeholders. In addition, they are registered and responsible to the Office of Qualifications. (OFQUAL). Ofqual is a non-ministerial government department that regulates qualifications, exams and tests in the UK.
They focus on:
- Developing high quality qualifications that meet the needs of employers and learners.
- Approving centres and working with them to ensure high quality delivery of qualifications.
- Carrying out activity designed to assure the quality of the qualifications awarded.
- Developing innovative products and services to support their centres and learners.
Consider using Grammarly to check your work https://www.grammarly.com. We use this helpful tool, as do the Awarding Bodies.
If you have any suggestions, complaints or just want to make a comment, please feel free, we still need to improve! “Have you a suggestion“.
Why should I choose The UK Training College (UKTC) ?
- We offer fully qualified UK trained lecturers with years of experience in classroom, blended and online teaching. The minimum qualifications held by our lecturers are an honours degree, DET or DTLLS, CAVA & Safeguarding Certificates.
- We offer a quality, customer focused, responsive and professional service at competitive prices.
- You will be eligible for your completed course qualification if you comply with our “Terms & Conditions”.
- We will always endeavour to reach a compromise should any unforeseen circumstances arise, if at all possible and reasonable.
- We will Email you a weekly countdown towards your finishing date.
- Our tutors will communicate with you as to your qualifying standing at all times, offering advice, examples and resolving any issues arising if possible and within reason.
- Internationally we offer our worldwide online (Skype) by experienced UK fully trained lecturers.
We do not charge VAT as we are a specialist training company who believes in quality training above having hundreds of students. Having a high number of students would increase our turnover to the level where we would need to charge VAT.
We promote equality, diversity and multiculturalism. We have a pool of lecturers and tutors from various backgrounds and cultures who deliver our courses. Our mantra is “Nothing is too difficult or too small” when it comes to helping our learners. We are particularly experienced in teaching, understanding and advising Middle Eastern and Far Eastern learners. At UKTC, we offer our courses at affordable prices, on line learning and or blended learning or classroom based.